One of the best things about QuickBooks is that it is a great tool to manage your business, and is completely customizable to meet your needs. And one of the most challenging things about QuickBooks is that it is completely customizable to meet your needs. Yes, you read that right. The best part about the software is also one of the hardest things about the software, and it’s easy to get off the right track when setting up your system.
The Wren Group, Inc. has worked with many clients who set their systems up themselves, and for the most part, those clients did well. However, in many situations changing just one or two things would have prevented costly errors in reporting and sometimes, even paying taxes.
Our offices offer both one-on-one and in a classroom type training settings with an instructor where you bring your laptop and follow along. If you prefer a more formal classroom setting, please contact us by phone or email to check availability.
Training options include, but are not limited to, the following four areas:
Setting up QuickBooks
This section is for the person who just purchased the software and needs to know how to set up their company file. We will cover:
- Choosing your version
- Choosing your additional services (like merchant services or payroll)
- Completing the company interview
- Creating your Chart of Accounts
- Creating lists
- Setting up sales tax
- Setting up starting balances
- Entering basic transactions (checks, credit card charges)
Fundamentals are for the user who has their QuickBooks set up and wants to deepen their understanding of the software, including the addition of items:
- Working with lists
- Create product lists (services and non-inventory items)
- Working with bank accounts
- Entering sales information (invoices and sales receipts)
- Receiving payments and making deposits
- Entering and paying bills
- Tracking and paying sales tax
Advanced QuickBooks Reporting & Customization
Are you using inventory and want job costing reports? This section is for you. We will also cover customizing your forms by adding logos, colors, and changing fonts, as well as running reports in the report center.
- Job costing
- Estimates and progress invoicing
- Inventory and assemblies
- Forms personalization (estimates, invoices, statements, and sales receipts)
- Report center
- Customized reports
Using QuickBooks for the Business Owner
This level of training is for one executive at a time. This combination results in a financial review/coaching session, which is created to give the business owner time with a QuickBooks expert to review data and reports and obtain feedback on what these results actually mean. At a minimum, you will cover:
- Notes from our review of the QuickBooks file and what we see that might need to be addressed
- P&L and balance sheet review
- Financial reporting (P&Ls, balance sheets, and accounts receivable)
- Sales by item reports
- Job profitability
- Overall ratios of income to expense and debt
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!